TechnoServe Business Trainer Job in Eldoret or Kisumu Kenya January 2013
In this regard the Young Women in Enterprise Program is seeking to engage a Trainer who will be based in Eldoret or Kisumu whose work will be to implement the program in these two regions.
i. Mobilize and recruit girls to join YWE
- Develop and implement an innovative strategy for recruiting the target group in the allocated project area through actively engaging girls, the community and key stakeholders.
- Enroll girls into the program and form enterprise clubs.
- Support identification of appropriate and safe meeting venues within the target areas within a walking distance to the venues.
- Ensure availability of all training materials required for training sessions
- Implement the training program in entrepreneurship, employability, agribusiness, and financial literacy as per the program curriculum
- Ensure dissemination of HIV messaging, services and information.
- Identity and train girls as peer educators to provide community outreach HIV/AIDS prevention programs.
- Assist girls to open bank accounts with credible banking institutions and make savings.
- Support the identification of alumni girls and business women to provide mentorship support to the girls.
- Retain updated demographic database of the girls consisting their name, family background, skill set, location, mobile phone contacts.
- Support girls to start and run experiential businesses
- Plan and roll out club level competitions
- Provide linkages for continuous learning in business, vocational skills and agribusiness
- Help girls establish growth oriented business and micro franchises, Link girls to employment and internship opportunities, and basic computer training
- Help girls access credit facilities from credible financial institutions e.g. banks, MFIs
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor(s) from time to time
- Hold a university degree in Education, Social Sciences or Business related disciplines
- Have field work experience working in the community with young and dynamic people.
- At least 1 year working experience as a trainer/teacher
- Competence in computing skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Must be social and approachable
- Must be a good team player
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer